How much does the Guardian Membership cost?
- The annual household fee is: $35 for 1 Year | $95 for 3 Years | $150 for 5 Years
What is the benefit of the Guardian Membership?
Debt forgiveness for HALO-Flight Patient Bills (once we have been notified), as well as with our reciprocal partner, Dallas CareFlite. To learn more about CareFlite’s membership terms, visit: www.careflite.org
- Guardian Member with Insurance = Zero Out of Pocket Expenses
- Guardian Member without Insurance = 50% Bill Reduction
To ensure your Guardian Membership is applied to the bill, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a patient is identified as a Guardian Member, HALO-Flight will advocate for the member with the billing company.
Who is included in my Membership Plan?
- Any family member that lives in your home, as a permanent resident, including custodial / non-custodial children, dependent children, dependents at college, dependent adults, and significant others are covered.
If I have family visit me from out of town and they are staying with me, are they covered by my Guardian Membership?
- Unfortunately, they are not permanent residents of your household, and would need their own plan. Guardian Memberships are great gifts.
I need a new membership card or window decal, how do I get it?
- Contact: email@example.com and we will mail one to you! However, know that we will never ask for you to present your membership card or vehicle decal to provide services.
If I need to be transported, how do you know that I am a member?
- HALO-Flight transports patients based on medical necessity, not Guardian Membership status. Enrollment does not guarantee transport.
How is HALO-Flight launched to transport a patient?
- Air ambulance services are activated by EMS personnel who follow strict protocols set in place by the Regional Advisory Council and the Texas Department of State Health Services. The protocols provide EMS personnel with medically appropriate response guidelines to increase survival rates. The guidelines stipulate to call the closest available air ambulance service to transport the patient to the nearest facility to receive the level of care necessary in a timely manner.
- Interfacility transfers occur when a patient requires a higher level of care not available within the facility, which may include specialty cases such as sever burns and other modalities deemed appropriate for air ambulance transport prompted by the attending physician.